The Brooklyn Aerodrome is blessed to have gotten a virtual Towel for the FMS flight simulator courtesy of Gary Gunnerson. He sends an email:
Hi folks, An admirer asked me to build a towel model for FMS. You can download it from my website. Please try it out and let me know if the flight model needs adjustment. Also, what is a typical all up weight for a towel rc stunt plane? Good flying to you! -- Gary
So lets get this working for all you fine folks. Steps are:
- Acquire or already have some manner of computer that runs some post 2000 version of windows.
- Visit http://modelsimulator.com/ and download the relevant version of the software. For almost all of you that will be version 2 alpha 2.5 unless you are sporting a Windows 95 box.
- Any windows OS more recent that XP needs a no longer included library so go ahead and look at the instructions at http://www.microflight.com/s.nl/ctype.KB/it.I/id.1390/KB.1034/.f and you can download the .dll at http://www.microflight.com/img/d3drm.zip
- A very cheap 6CH Flight Simulator Training Kit Planes and Helis w/USB Cable
looks to be appropriate and slightly more reputable than the Dynam Flight Sim. Both should be acceptable game controllers for most any modern Windows machines. Mac users, which I am one, will have to wait for a later post on what works.
- Be patient and keep trying, they can work